The Firm of Allen J. Littman provides sophisticated tax advice and assistance to businesses and individuals in the areas of international tax, mergers and acquisitions, general tax planning, and tax controversy. The firm currently has its office in Cleveland, Ohio.
Allen Littman, the Principal of the firm, has over 25 years of experience in Washington D.C. in the areas of international and business tax planning, M&A, tax controversy, tax legislation, and other IRS matters. Allen has focused on international tax as Legislation Counsel at the Joint Committee on Taxation of the United States Congress, as a Partner of an AmLaw 100 law firm, and as Director of International Tax for a large publicly-traded telecommunications company.
The firm focuses on international tax matters, including:
- International M&A;
- Inbound and outbound purchases, sales, financings, and company reorganizations;
- Due diligence;
- Investments in U.S. real estate by non-U.S. individuals and companies, and selling or reorganizing those investments;
- Hedge and private equity funds;
- Tax treaties;
- IRS audits, appeals, tax rulings, competent authority procedures, and voluntary disclosures;
- Transfer pricing and cross-border asset sales and transfers; and
- Planning and compliance for FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) for financial institutions, companies and individuals.
The firm’s mission is to provide highly skilled and detailed identification and resolution of tax issues while providing exceptional client service at a highly competitive cost.