The Firm’s Practice Has Been Closed
Allen J. Littman has now retired from practice. The Firm of Allen J. Littman has closed its doors to work. Thank you for the opportunity to serve.
Everything on my other webpages has become obsolete and a matter of historical interest only. Eventually, the website will be closed permanently.
I will be spending my time enjoying more of life, and pursuing my hobbies, including music.
With much gratitude, Allen
The Firm of Allen J. Littman focuses primarily on international tax matters involving M&A, planning, compliance, and tax controversy. The firm is also experienced in legislative matters. Please see the examples below, which are only for illustration.
International tax planning:
- Cross-border M&A.
- Inbound planning for non-U.S. persons and businesses seeking to do business or invest in the United States, including restructurings, purchases and sales of U.S. real estate.
- Outbound planning for U.S. persons and businesses seeking to do business, invest, or restructure operations or investments in foreign countries.
- Inbound planning for U.S. immigrants and non-U.S. persons temporarily moving to the United States.
- Permanent or temporary expatriation of U.S. citizens or green-card holders.
- Withholding tax issues.
- Effective use of, and compliance with, tax treaties.
- IC-DISC export tax incentives.
- Transfer pricing matters.
- Tax implications of foreign currency transactions, including debt denominated in a foreign currency.
- Consulting on FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) for financial institutions, non-financial companies and individuals.
- Tax due diligence, issue identification and resolution.
Tax controversy and regulatory matters:
- Tax audits and appeals.
- Refund claims.
- Competent authority proceedings (to enforce your rights under tax treaties).
- Voluntary disclosure matters, including the “streamlined” program.
- IRS private letter rulings and advance pricing agreements.
- Comments on proposed regulations.
- Advice on status and prospects of proposed legislation.
- Development of proposed legislation.
- Planning legislative strategy.
Please note that the firm does not prepare tax returns.
What Sets Us Apart
- Cutting-edge experience from different perspectives of international taxation: tax advisor and implementer, Congressional Legislation Counsel, and corporate tax executive.
- Broad knowledge of international tax plus in-depth experience in numerous sub-areas.
- Extensive experience in global cross-border tax planning as well as tax controversy.
- Large firm skills and experience — but personalized client service. The firm and Allen care about your matter.
- Rates are competitive with the market for such tax services in North East Ohio (which has a relatively low cost of living for the United States).